top of page

Tango show

Public·9 members

Beba

• Filmmaker Rebeca Huntt, nicknamed\r\n\u201cBeba,\u201d makes a stunning debut with a\r\nself-portrait that contains multitudes. At\r\nthe start, we watch her apply a body mask\r\nof mud as she explains, \u201cEvery one of us\r\ninherits the curses of our ancestors. But we\r\nmay put an end to this cycle by constantly\r\ngoing to war with ourselves. I\u2019m watching\r\nthe curses of my family slowly kill us. So I\u2019m\r\ngoing to war\u2026 And there will be casualties.\u201d\r\n\r\nRace is central to Beba\u2019s story. She carries\r\nthe ancestry of her dark-skinned Dominican\r\nfather and light-skinned Venezuelan mother,\r\nimmigrants who met in New York.\r\nHer father rose from poverty into the\r\nworking class, moving his family into \u201cthe\r\nbest I could afford\u201d \u2014 a rent-controlled\r\none-bedroom apartment. For a family of five,\r\nit was a combustible environment of spiky\r\npersonalities, rage, and rebellion. Huntt\r\nprobes the psychic wounds that family\r\nmembers inflict on one another, not sparing\r\nherself from scrutiny. Gaining admission\r\ninto Bard College, she pivots between social\r\ncircles divided by race and class, coming\r\naway with potent observations.\r\n\r\nDocumentary autobiography can easily\r\nveer off-track, but Huntt has an artistic\r\nself-assurance that belies her young age.\r\nShe deploys a range of visual techniques,\r\nshooting largely on 16mm. The editing layers\r\nconversations and music to cover a wide\r\nrange of emotions. Eight years in the making,\r\nthe film has attracted an impressive roster\r\nof producers who have recognized in Beba\r\nthe blossoming of a great talent.\r\n\r\nTHOM POWERS\r\n\r\nOfficial Selection, 2021 Toronto International Film Festival\r\n\r\nContent advisory: coarse language", "uploadDate": "2021-07-21T16:25", "name": "Beba Trailer" }, "director": [ "@type": "Person", "name": "Rebeca Huntt" ], "actor": [], "editor": [ "@type": "Person", "name": "Isabel Freeman" ], "countryOfOrigin": [ "@type": "Country", "name": "United States of America" , "@type": "Country", "name": "Mexico" ], "dateCreated": "2021-07-21T16:25"} "@context": "http:\/\/schema.org\/", "@type": "Event", "name": "Beba", "description": "Filmmaker Rebeca Huntt, nicknamed\r\n\u201cBeba,\u201d makes a stunning debut with a\r\nself-portrait that contains multitudes. At\r\nthe start, we watch her apply a body mask\r\nof mud as she explains, \u201cEvery one of us\r\ninherits the curses of our ancestors. But we\r\nmay put an end to this cycle by constantly\r\ngoing to war with ourselves. I\u2019m watching\r\nthe curses of my family slowly kill us. So I\u2019m\r\ngoing to war\u2026 And there will be casualties.\u201d\r\n\r\nRace is central to Beba\u2019s story. She carries\r\nthe ancestry of her dark-skinned Dominican\r\nfather and light-skinned Venezuelan mother,\r\nimmigrants who met in New York.\r\nHer father rose from poverty into the\r\nworking class, moving his family into \u201cthe\r\nbest I could afford\u201d \u2014 a rent-controlled\r\none-bedroom apartment. For a family of five,\r\nit was a combustible environment of spiky\r\npersonalities, rage, and rebellion. Huntt\r\nprobes the psychic wounds that family\r\nmembers inflict on one another, not sparing\r\nherself from scrutiny. Gaining admission\r\ninto Bard College, she pivots between social\r\ncircles divided by race and class, coming\r\naway with potent observations.\r\n\r\nDocumentary autobiography can easily\r\nveer off-track, but Huntt has an artistic\r\nself-assurance that belies her young age.\r\nShe deploys a range of visual techniques,\r\nshooting largely on 16mm. The editing layers\r\nconversations and music to cover a wide\r\nrange of emotions. Eight years in the making,\r\nthe film has attracted an impressive roster\r\nof producers who have recognized in Beba\r\nthe blossoming of a great talent.\r\n\r\nTHOM POWERS\r\n\r\nOfficial Selection, 2021 Toronto International Film Festival\r\n\r\nContent advisory: coarse language", "image": "\/\/images.ctfassets.net\/22n7d68fswlw\/6NP3GGFazCTR6iUyPBj50D\/f39ab6ba4f7ea5e306f0362feefcf54a\/beba_still_01.jpg", "director": [ "@type": "Person", "name": "Rebeca Huntt" ], "performer": [], "location": [ "name": "digital TIFF Bell Lightbox", "address": "addressLocality": "Toronto", "addressRegion": "ON" ], "startDate": "2022-07-26T10:00", "endDate": "2022-07-26T11:19", "organizer": "@type": "Organization", "name": "TIFF", "url": "https:\/\/tiff.net\/" TIFF Homepage Transform the way people see the world through film. TIFF Twitter link TIFF Facebook link TIFF Instagram link TIFF Youtube link Subscribe to TIFF Organization Film Circuit

• Careers

• Volunteer

• Terms + Privacy

• Media

• Code of Conduct

• Business Partnerships

• Book an event

• Partner festivals

• Hospitality partners

• Connect Subscribe

• Facebook

• Twitter

• Youtube

• Instagram

• Letterboxd

• TikTok

• Toronto International Film Festival Inc. document.write(new Date().getFullYear()) . All rights reserved. Website support by LBC IT TIFF Homepage

close Transforming the way people see the world, through film. TIFF Twitter link TIFF Facebook link TIFF Instagram link TIFF Youtube link Subscribe to TIFF 1 2 Name Email address Subscribe You can unsubscribe at any time. See our privacy policy.

Beba

041b061a72

About

¡Te damos la bienvenida al grupo! Puedes conectarte con otro...
bottom of page