top of page

Tango show

Public·8 members

Mayfair Magazine Archive

Oz magazine was the key counter culture publication of the late 1960s, and the subject of a major and historically important obscenity trial in 1971. Two years later, it ceased publication.

Mayfair Magazine Archive

Edits have been made to this page by people who don't seem to know what they're talking about! I come today to re-read the entry I wrote and find that half of what I wrote has been replaced with INCORRECT details! I found all these details about Mayfair's history from an interview with Mayfair's founder Kenneth Bound in Vol 35 No 1 of the magazine, so I'm not just making this up!!

The way the first sentence of that section is written implies that Mayfair was a special case for featuring 16- and 17-year-old models. I'm sure that's not the case; didn't even the Sun have 16- and 17-year-old Page 3 girls? (Which does lead to an interesting question: what are archivists supposed to do? Is there an exemption to the law for them, and if not how can complete archives of such magazines/papers ever be kept?) Loganberry (Talk) 19:28, 3 March 2008 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Monikahajkovafan cites an article with Bound as being gospel. This is not the case - it is an interview that took place 35 years after the magazine launched. Bound will have forgotten things and will over the years have rewritten his history of the magazine. Statements that come from the article should be referenced so that discrepancies with other sources can be identified and the existence of confusion acknowledged.

Having just added some references to this myself, I realise that it could probably do with tidying up, not least when two separate references are for the same edition of the magazine, eg both Brigitte Barclay and Kirsten Imrie have pictorials in Vol 24, no 12, published in December 1989. Does anyone know how it would be possible for these two references to be combined into one? If more models are added to the list then this issue will crop up more often. Silver Barnet (talk) 18:23, 26 December 2011 (UTC)Reply[reply]

I have just modified 4 external links on M